Travel and all it entails – observing unseen sights, feeling ways which cannot be accessed through home and routine, eating untasted and unimagined foods, encountering other people – are on the mind! This travelogue attempts to record significant places and times, meaningful moments and contexts—with words. The entries will be based on individual experiences and the responses they inspire, as well as responses to select travel narratives. They will certainly be from throughout the time continuum: trips taken and long in the past, contemporary travels, and the myriad subjects around travel and tourism in the past, present, and future.
Please feel free to check out the Travelogue category on Octopoe.
- December 8, 2009: Get on the train
- December 24, 2009: Puttin’ on my readin’ dress
- February 5, 2010: Wandering through The Valley
- July 4, 2010: I ♥ Hong Kong
- August 2, 2013: Back on the train!
- August 8, 2013: I ♥ Shanghai
- Laos, where are you? (Coming soon!)
- Mahalo, Hawai’i (Coming soon!)
Dispatches from the People’s Republic (of China!):
Every now and then, I post a brief update of an aspect of my travels in China this year, and since these are related to my interests with the Travelogue, I sub-index them here:
- February 24, 2014: Fireworks Magic Time